Date: 19th-24th April, 2021
Host: DrukREN, DITT, MoIC
Venue: Le Meridien Riverfront, Paro
In order to address the capacity development needs of the research & education institutes in the country, DITT/MoIC is organising Technical Workshop on “Campus Network Routing and Switching” (2 Days) and “Network Monitoring and Management” (2 days) and “Linux Security & Malware Forensics”(1 Day) in collaboration with Office of Vice Chancellor, Royal University of Bhutan. The workshop is tailored for Network Engineers and IT Managers from universities/research organizations all over Bhutan. The primary objective of the workshop is to help DrukREN members harness the high-speed network services provided by DrukREN. The workshop will be followed by a visit to the selected institutes to explore solutions to improve its campus network performance, security and reliability.
There will be three activities that would be carried out as follows:
- Campus Network Routing & Switching Workshop
- Network Monitoring & Management
- Linux Security & Malware Forensics
- Direct Engineering Assistance (DEA): DEA activity will be immediately arranged after the completion of the workshop so that DrukREN Member ICT engineers will obtain relevant training just prior to the activity.
DIRECT ENGINEERING ASSISTANCE (DEA)
DEA activity will be immediately arranged after the completion of the workshop so that DrukREN Member ICT engineers will obtain relevant training just prior to the activity. DEA field activities shall consist of addressing specific requests for network design and operations to solve identified problems at a campus network of following institutes:
- College of Science of Technology (CST), Phuentsholing, Chhukha, Bhutan
- Paro College of Education (PCE), Paro, Bhutan
- Gedu College of Business Studies (GCBS), Chhukha, Bhutan
- Sherubtse College, Kanglung, Trashigang, Bhutan
- Jigme Namgyal Engineering College, Samdrup Jongkhar, Bhutan
- Khesar Gyalpo University of Medical Sciences of Bhutan, Thimphu, Bhutan
Colleges under Royal University of Bhutan were selected by the Office of Vice Chancellor, Royal University of Bhutan.
DEA will be led by the Office of Vice Chancellor (OVC), Royal University of Bhutan (RUB) who will work side-by-side on-site with ICT engineers of selected institutes to identify and implement region-appropriate solutions. DEA Team will make use of Network Startup Resource Center (NSRC) model i.e use local hands to develop local expertise for their network environment. Thus the responsible engineers of the selected institutes will implement the recommended changes themselves, working shoulder-to-shoulder with OVC, RUB.
DITT, MoIC will also invite 3-4 Network Engineers of other DrukREN members to accompany the DEA Team at the 6 selected institutes.